Jacksonville, Fla. – DRUMline Live is coming to Jacksonville’s Times-Union Center for one performance only and they’re looking for an opener! Drum Corps International (DCI) and DRUMLine Live have combined forces to support music education all across America through the competition, DRUMLINE BATTLE!! The drumline that wins the competition will get the opportunity to perform as the opening act for a DRUMLine Live show on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at the Times-Union Center, win tickets to the show and earn the title “Drumline of the Year.” Does your drumline have what it takes?
HOW DO YOU PARTICIPATE?
Simply prepare and video record a 1.5 to 2-minute feature of your marching drumline. Your video cannot surpass 2 minutes or your drumline will be disqualified. Be sure to incorporate your overall drumming skills; add some visuals, stunts, and stick tricks to display your showmanship and you’re good to go! It’s that easy and it’s a lot of fun! You can use material from your winter line, fall show, or something produced just for this competition.
Upload your 1.5 to 2-minute video to www.facebook.com/FSCJArtistSeries and hashtag #fscjartistseries and #drumlinecompetition by March 6 to be entered in the competition. You will have to make your profile public to participate in the contest. Viewers will vote on Facebook by liking their favorite video post. Each person can only vote one time. Be sure to encourage them to share your video with friends to increase your likes. Voting will be open for two weeks for the best performing drumline. The drumline that receives the most likes will be declared the winner!
- Video entries must be uploaded by March 6 on facebook.com/fscjartistseries and hashtag #fscjartistseries and #drumlinecompetition
- Online voting for all drumlines will begin March 7 – March 16, 2017.
- Winner will be notified by March 20, 2017 through Facebook. Be sure your account is public so we can contact you if you are the winner! The decision of the Judges is final.
- Prize: The drumline that receives the most votes will perform a 10-15-minute show as the opening act for the DRUMLine Live show at the Times-Union Center in Jacksonville, on Tuesday, March 28.
- The more support from friends, family, teachers, fellow students and faculty – the more likely your Drumline will win!
GRAND PRIZE A PERFORMANCE AT A DRUMLINE LIVE SHOW
The winning drumline will earn the official title of “2017 Drumline of the Year: Jacksonville” and secure 50 tickets to the DRUMLine Live performance. In addition, the winning drumline will be a part of the show at the Times-Union Center in front of hundreds of attendees and have the once-in-a-lifetime experience to learn from the cast of DRUMLine Live during an exclusive pre-show sound check and Q/A experience.
DRUMLine Live is recognized for the explosive beats and athleticism they bring to the stage and they want to find the next generation of promising drumline members and percussion enthusiasts. The show expands the marching band experience to audiences across the country with contemporary hip-hop, R&B, classic Motown and brass tradition.
Tickets for DRUMline Live start at $32.50, plus applicable fees. Student tickets are also available. Tickets can be purchased at our box office from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Mondaythrough Friday, by calling (904) 442-2929, or online 24/7 at www.fscjartistseries.org.